Saturday, December 21, 2013

December 21st 2013: Hot Pot Dinner at a Friend's Place

Tonight, I had a hot pot dinner to go to at a friend's place. As always, I spent my day exploring Massachusetts, starting off with the town of Franklin,
Spruce Pond, 333 King Street

Spring Pond, 395 Washington Street
moving on to Norfolk after that.

Kingsbury Pond, 28 Kingsbury Road
Populatic Pond, 56 Lakeshore Drive
Cress Brook Pond, 37 Lake Street
Comey's Pond, 381 Main Street
Bush Pond, 14 Lawrence Street
City Mills Pond, 361 Main Street


I was extremely hungry at this point, so I decided to get breakfast at the Westbury Farms Family Restaurant in the town of Norwood.  This pretty okay looking diner is located within a strip mall, with a pretty decent number of people inside.
I decided to get the West Coast Waffle (golden brown waffle topped with cinammon apple, strawberry, banana, blueberry, whipped cream)

and a cup of Hot Chocolate.
The waffles were good enough to sate my hunger, but not special enough for me to recommend this place. From here, I resumed my sightseeing in Sharon,
Trowel Shop Pond,
272 North Main Street
Sharon Community Center Beach,
50 Dubinsky Drive

then spent the most of the day in Easton, which I haven't really explored.
20 Eastman Street

Good Shepherd Presbyterian Church
The Fellowship

New Pond, 600 Foundry Street
VFW Post 2547, 61 Rockland Street
Covenant Congregational Church
HH Richardson School
St. Mark's Episcopal Church
The Children's Museum
Shovelshop Pond, 71 Pond Street
Veterans Memorial Park,
Mechanic Street and Pond Street
Easton Historical Society
Old North Easton Grammar School,
115 Main Street
Robert King Music Sales
Old Church, 9 Mechanic Street
Immaculate Conception Church
Oake Ames Memorial Hall
Ames Free Library

Ames Shovel Works
The Rockery Memorial Cairn

Schoolhouse Apartments,
8 Lincoln Street
View of Langwater Pond from Big Pout,
~15 Pond Street
Queset House
Unity Church of North Easton
Oliver A Parker Square,
Oliver Street and Main Street

Langwater Pond, 214 Main Street
Langwater Bridge, ~214 Main Street
I finally proceeded to the town of Stoughton, passing by the Ames Pond Beach at 1000 Highland Street,

where I got my lunch at The Last Shot, a typical bar restaurant in town. I decided to get the Grand Slam for appetizers, consisting of Onion Rings (thinly sliced onions lightly battered and fried golden brown), Dill and Sweet Fried Pickles (lightly breaded and fried golden brown), Money Honey Chicken Tenders, Italian Calamari (tossed with blend of olive oil, banana peppers, Romano cheese) and Buffalo Shrimp (lightly battered shrimp tossed in Sissy La La Buffalo Sauce),

and the Steak Tips (tenderloin tips specially marinated and grilled to perfection).
The appetizer was actually pretty good with its variety of flavors, although the Steak Tips were a big disappointment. I had ordered them rare, and yet them came out almost well done. Way too dry for my liking. Definitely ruined my meal. Not coming back here again for sure.

From here, there was still some light left in the day, so I decided to visit Stevens Pond at 1 Longmeadow Drive in the town of Westwood

before heading to Wellesley to buy some dessert from Susu Bakery Boutique for the hot pot.

This place has a tea area for afternoon tea,

much like at the Tea Leaf in Waltham.

For $44, I got a decent amount of stuff, shown below.

Finally, it was time to have fun with friends and eat lots of food cooked by myself.  I had a great time, especially when we were playing Pictionary, although my team lost pretty badly, partly because we all sucked at drawing. We even played mini table tennis with mini bats, and I was surprised that I could even hit the ball accurately.

Today was a pretty productive day of sightseeing, although it could only have been perfect being able to spend time with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment