Tuesday, December 24, 2013

December 24th 2013: Dinner at Yong Shing Restaurant, Auburn

After work today, I thought there was bowling, so I decided to check out a nearby Chinese restaurant, Yong Shing, thinking it was just another takeout place. I was surprised to find it is actually pretty fancy, with both Japanese and Chinese cuisine. I decided to get the Ma La Lamb (Hot, Thin Slices of Lamb sauteed with fresh garlic and chilli sauce) from the Chinese menu,

and the Monster Maki (Two Shrimp Tempura, Asparagus, avocado, mango, topped with seaweed salad, mango sauce and Thai sauce) from the Japanese side.
The lamb was pretty good, while having seaweed salad in my sushi was a different experience, and they definitely did a good job mixing the different flavors together, especially those of the mango.

Unfortunately, no one told me that the bowling alley was closed early for Christmas Eve, so effectively there was no bowling. Oh well. At least I had a good meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment