Saturday, April 9, 2016

April 9th 2016: Meals in Melrose and Quincy

We started off today with breakfast at Jitters Cafe, a nice relaxing place in Melrose.
My other half got the Texan coffee (white chocolate and amaretto),
while I got the Berry Croissant (chocolate, marshmallow, strawberries).
The coffee was not to my liking as always, but the combination of ingredients for the croissant was pretty good actually. I like the atmosphere in this cafe. I would come back here.

After leaving the cafe, we decided to head next door to Bobby C's Ristorante, a pretty upscale Italian eatery.
We got the Seafood Rotolo (Egg Pasta Medallions stuffed with lobster, shrimp, scallops, crabmeat, ricotta, spinach and ritz crackers topped with lobster cream sauce)
and the Crab Cakes (with mango, strawberry, Grand Marnier sauce, pineapple),
both specials on the menu today. The crab cakes were delicious with all the fruity flavors, while the pasta was excellent with its seafood stuffing. Once again, another hit in Melrose.

Later in the afternoon, I had the opportunity to visit a few places in Hingham,
Broad Cove, Otis Street and Broad Cove Road
going for a short hike at Jacobs Meadow, which is located behind the Wilder Memorial Nursery School.

I had to walk through the kid's playground and slide through a gate with a thin opening to get to the area, and the short path I took here is shown below in pink.
Nothing much to see here though.

For dinner, we headed to Pho Linh, a Vietnamese restaurant in Quincy I have been to over a year ago.

We got the Banh Cuon Tom (Steamed Rice Roll with Shrimp)
and the Banh Xeo (crispy crepe with coconut and turmeric aroma, enfolding shrimp, steamed pork, bean sprouts and onions. Served with a side of green leaf vegetables and fish sauce),
both of which were pretty delicious in my opinion, although my other half did not think so.

For dessert, we went next door to Yocha as always, this time getting the Green Tea Tiramisu.
Not bad as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment