Thursday, November 9, 2017

November 9th 2017: Another Week, Another Trek North into New Hampshire

I took another day off today, and started off in the town of Holden, looking for the Lovellville Falls. As it turns out, I have visited this site before. The falls were looking good today, even though there hadn't been a lot of rain the past few days.
On the way to the town of Rindge NH, I passed through Princeton
206 Worcester Road
and Winchendon.
First Congregational Church
Hyde Park, Park Street and West Street
In the town of Rindge NH,
Damon Reservoirs
Pearly Pond
Pool Pond
West Rindge United Methodist Church
Stearns Lamont Forest
First Congregational Church
Rindge Veterans Memorial,
Main Street and Payson Hill Road
Rindge Common,
Todd Hill Road and Smith Drive
199 Main Street
Ingalls Memorial Library
Rindge Memorial School
Crowcroft Pond
Grassy Pond
I wasn't able to get anywhere near the Hunt Castle, due to rough, private roads, so I gave up on it, heading to the Franklin Pierce University campus instead to explore for a bit, where students were milling about to get to their lectures.
The main highlight of this town is probably the Cathedral of the Pines,

an outdoor church


which has a beautiful view of the mountain behind.
From here, I checked out some of the trails here, where the path I took is highlighted below in pink.
I first headed toward Emerson Pond, but could only find one good view of it from the trail.
From there, there was a straight path back to Cathedral Road, and I headed back to the church from there. I took another trip from here, this time to get to Bullet Pond. The path there was pretty rough though.
My final hike of the day was at the Annett State Forest, where the path I took to get to the ponds here is shown below in pink.

The dam at Hubbard Pond was pretty serene,
while that at Black Reservoir was pretty good too.
With that, I called it a day and headed for home.

For dinner, we decided to check out the new restaurant in Worcester, Broth, a ramen place which is owned by the Hangover Pub next door, which we visited a while ago. We did not have a good experience then, but given that we are avid fans of ramen, we had to give this place a try despite my misgivings, especially because the ramen served here are American takes on the dish.
We got the Baby Cucumber Kimchi Pickles for appetizers,
the Mango Limeade for drinks,
the N.E Clambake (littleneck clams, sesame, miso, shrimp, fresh corn, bacon, lapxuong, Korean chili, shoyu egg, scallions) ramen bowl,
and the Lemony Pudding Cake for dessert.
Very creative dishes, and extremely tasty. Definitely much better concept than bacon. Will be back to try their other ramen dishes. With that, a perfect end to a day spent in Rindge NH.

No comments:

Post a Comment