Thursday, March 1, 2012

March 1st 2012: Dinner at AKA Bistro, Lincoln

Tonight after work, I had a dinner appointment with a friend to celebrate her getting a job. She worked in Weston, so we decided to have dinner at the AKA Bistro in Lincoln. It was snowing heavily all day today, and I even skidded once or twice while driving to the restaurant. My friend was a little late as well, getting lost as the restaurant was a little hard to find, being nestled within other buildings.

When she finally arrived, we got straight to ordering. This place has 2 menus, a French one and a Japanese one. For appetizers, my friend decided to get the Hamachi (Yellowtail) Sashimi, while I got the Foie gras torchon  (Foie gras terrine with port poached ladyapple, brioche and hibiscus).
Hamachi (Yellowtail) Sashimi

Foie gras torchon
The sashimi was a really tiny portion, although the foie gras was pretty tasty, being like a pate to eat with bread.

For the main course, my friend decided to get the Confit de canard (Duck Confit with fresh choucroute, slow roasted sweet potato puree and juniper gastric), while I got the Char de L’Artique (Pan roasted skin on Artic Char with leeks fondue, pommes Maxim and parsnip mousseline)
Confit de canard
Char de L'Artique










Once again, small portions, but really delicious food. When we were done, we were still hungry, so we decided to get dessert as well, my friend getting the creme brulee, while I got the chocolate ganache special.
Creme Brulee (left) and
Chocolate Ganache (right)
Both were equally delicious as well. To top it off, we had complementary coconut cookies with our bill, which was extremely costly as well. 
Oh well, what more can you expect of a French-Japanese restaurant but small portions of high quality food at extremely high prices. I definitely recommend this place to food connoiseurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment