Wednesday, September 21, 2011

September 21st 2011: Wachusett Meadow Wildlife Sanctuary, Princeton

Today after work, I did not have bowling, so I decided to use this opportunity to finish up the town of Princeton by heading to the Wachusett Meadow Wildlife Sanctuary. The path I took from the parking area along Goodnow Road is highlighted below in pink.
From the parking area, I crossed through the visitor center and turned right onto the North Meadow Trail to walk past the farm pond. There, I saw a few small frogs swimming around, but what was more interesting was under the water surface, where the tadpoles were actually twice the size of the frogs. Unfortunately I could not take any pictures of the tadpoles.
North Meadow
Farm Pond







Small frogs









Heading to the north of the meadow, I took some pictures of the views from there.
 








I headed up at the junction toward the summit, but instead of heading up the summit trail as intended, I got lost and ended up going along the Glacial Boulder Trail, all the way to the glacial boulder itself.
From here, I turned right onto the Brown Hill Loop Trail, and at its junction with the Summit Trail, I turned right onto it and head up to the summit, where there were good views of the surroundings, although not as comparable to Mount Wachusett itself.





















With that I decided to continue on the summit trail and head back to my car. Before leaving, I took a few more pictures of the surroundings.











With that I headed to Sonoma for dinner, a relatively upscale restaurant and one of the few in Princeton.
Table setup

I was treated to a several course meal, shown below. What was most interesting was my entree dish, which was called "duck under glass", and the dish was literally under a glass cover, which unfortunately was removed before I could take a picture.


First Course
Bread with garlic, olive oil, black and green olives

Grilled Shrimp Bisque

Sides

Main Dish: Duck Under Glass
I enjoyed my meal thoroughly, and highly recommend it to anyone visiting the area. With that, I was done for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment