Monday, September 12, 2011

September 12th 2011: Peppercorn Hill, Upton

I decided to do more sightseeing after work today. I had chosen not to hike the Peppercorn Hill Conservation Area in Upton yesterday because it was getting late, so I decided to complete it today. The route I took is highlighted in black below.
From the parking spot along Crockett Road, I walked into the main Walleston Trail, then turned right to head toward the top of Peppercorn Hill at point F, which had pretty nice views.

From here, I then went around all the way to points A, B and E. There was nothing much to see in this area and my actual destination was the stone bridge at point J. However, when I reached the marshlands near point I, there was a huge tree blocking the path that I could not climb over, so I decided to head back to my car.

My next destination was Spencer, but along the way while driving on Dresser Hill Road near the Dresser Hill's Clam Box Restaurant on 290 Dresser Hill Road, I came upon a wide open space with a great view of the sunset. This would be the perfect spot for a romantic evening.










Proceeding to Spencer, it was already dusk when I arrived at Stiles Reservoir along Chickering Road between Styles Avenue and Wilson Avenue, and was able to take a nice picture of the moon here.

Finally done for the day, I decided to have dinner here, and chose to eat at Mexicali Grill at 117 Main Street. The chips and salsa come free, with the salsa in a plastic bottle, and I had the Mexicali Chimichanga which was really good.
Chips and Salsa in a bottle
Mexicali Chimichanga











No comments:

Post a Comment