Thursday, September 15, 2011

September 15th 2011: Dexter Drumlin, Lancaster

Today after work, I decided to head to Dexter Drumlin in Lancaster. This is a really simple trail where you can walk straight up the drumlin, then walk down and around it back to the beginning. There are no trees on the drumlin, and at the top of it, one can see everywhere for quite a distance. In my opinion, this is the perfect place for stargazing, but I don't think people are allowed to come here at night. I just don't know how well this is enforced. Anyway, pictures of the drumlin and the surroundings follow.
Entrance to the drumlin






Views from the top of the Drumlin 




Perfect dandelion seed head
After this I decided to venture into a town in the 3rd Circle I had not yet been to: Princeton. By then, it had started raining, and the sun was also setting, but I managed to take some pictures of the town common area.
Town Common,
Town Hall Drive and  Mountain Road
Princeton Public Library

Princeton Town Hall,
6 Town Hall Drive
 With that, another successful day of sightseeing after work was done.


No comments:

Post a Comment