Wednesday, September 14, 2011

September 14th 2011: Burncoat Pond Wildlife Sanctuary, Spencer

Once again, I decided to do some sightseeing after work today in Spencer. This time, I decided to hike in the Burncoat Pond Wildlife Sanctuary. The parking area is along Polar Springs Road, and the entrance to the area can only be reached by walking on the grass along a nearly indiscernible path. The route I took can be seen highlighted in pink below.
After crossing the bridge indicated in the map, the entrance to the Beaver Bend Trail is immediately after the bridge on the right, although it is hard to spot. Continuing along to the Boulder Overlook, I walked the longer parts of the Laurel Loop and Kalmia Loop trails before entering the Flat Rock Trail. After reaching the boulder overlook which had a pretty okay view of Burncoat Pond, I headed back along the shortest route back to my car. Pictures of the wildlife sanctuary follow.





 With that, after a tiring hike, I decided to end my day.




No comments:

Post a Comment