Monday, July 15, 2013

July 15th 2013: Dinner at Bukhara Indian Bistro, Boston

Today after work, I decided to meet up with my friend for dinner at Bukhara Indian Bistro, a nice looking Indian restaurant in the Jamaica Plain area of Boston, passing by a few places in town along the way.
JP Licks Original Location,
659 Centre Street
Baker Chocolate Factory Apartments
Tank, VFW Post 1018
The decor is pretty stylish,
and our table was interesting as well, covered in a layer of spices and beans.
For food, as my friend had never had a dosa before, I decided to get the Mysor Masala Dosa (Crepe spread with a layer of tamarind and coconut, stuffed with potatoes and onions),

while for my meal, I decided to get the Lychee Shrimp (Sweet and sour shrimp with a tomato lychee sauce),

and my friend got the Coconut Lamb Chop Curry (Lamb chops braised in a curry leaf ginger coconut sauce).
The dosa was a little on the plain side, though the stuffing did help a little, while the two curries were simply excellent. The lychees were a nice touch to my dish, while I wished I could have more of my friend's lamb chops.

Overall, a pretty decent meal, and it was good catching up with my friend again.


No comments:

Post a Comment