Monday, July 1, 2013

July 1st 2013: 2nd Day of Thai Food at Bamboo Thai Restaurant, Boston

Today after work was my second attempt at riding a mini-speedboat in the Boston Harbor, but once again the rain thwarted my plans. I ended up heading into the Brighton area of Boston to use my groupon at Bamboo Thai Restaurant. This place, though pretty busy with people, has a kind of dirty feel to it, with the fabric covered seats having stains all over.

For food, I got the Golden Dices (crispy fried tofu cubes served with sweet and sour sauce with chopped roasted peanuts)

and the Krathong Thong (minced chicken, onions, green peas, sweet corn & ground peanuts in golden miniature tart shells) for appetizers,

the Pla Goong (large shrimps in roasted chili lemongrass dressing on top of mezclun salad) as a salad,

and the Soy Sauce Duck Soup with Egg Noodles (slices of boneless duck in soy sauce and Asian spices soup with beansprout, scallion, cilantro).

The starters made of fried chips and fish sauce were pretty good to start off with.

The fried tofu was really crispy and went really well with the peanut sauce provided,
while the mini tarts were really unique and tasteful as well. The salad had a lot of vegetables which I was not a fan of, so I ended up eating the shrimp, which was really tasty as well. Finally my duck soup came. It was really rich, and I enjoyed it a lot, although the duck was a little bit fatty.

Overall, despite the slight lack of cleanliness in the place, I liked the presentation and taste of all the dishes I got, so I'll give this place a recommend.

After dinner, I headed into the Dorchester area to do some sightseeing there with whatever daylight hours I had remaining.
Old Phillip Brooks School,
5 Perth Street
St. Ambrose Church,
240 Adams Street
New Testament Pentecostal Church,
86 Waldeck Street
The views of the Rainbow Swash Tank and the Dorchester coastline were pretty beautiful from the top of Ronan Park.
Overall, a pretty disappointing day in terms of sightseeing. I blame the weather.




No comments:

Post a Comment