Wednesday, July 17, 2013

July 17th 2013: All You Can Eat Sushi at Maki Maki, Woburn

Today after work, I had a meetup dinner at Maki Maki, not at the Allston location, but in the town of Woburn.

I arrived a little early, so I decided to try another place while waiting, heading to Fresh City nearby, a somewhat fast food chain. I decided to maixmize my choices by picking a small soup and a half sandwich, going with the Wild Mushroom Barley soup (Flavorful portabella mushrooms, carrots, onions, creamy butter and chopped celery in a barley base)

and the Asiago Roast sandwich (Roast beef, asiago cheese, lettuce and tomato with roasted garlic and parmesan aioli on rustic baguette),

which were pretty average I guess. They seem to have pretty interesting burrito flavors, however, which I have yet to try. After wolfing down my food, it was time for my second dinner. The decor here is pretty nice, although the buffet concept is more a order as much as you want kinda buffet instead of you going to a buffet table to choose what you want to eat kinda thing. 
We started our buffet with appetizers, getting Vegetable and Shrimp Tempura, Edamame, Chicken Wings,

Rice Balls

and BBQ Squid to start off.
It was then on to the sushi. We got the Mango Avocado,

the Patriot Special (lobster salad, shrimp tempura, fried tempura in soy wrap, topped with miso mango sauce and eel sauce), Spicy Tuna Maki, Philadelphia Maki, Fried Banana Maki, Eel Avocado Maki, Naughty Girl Maki (Spicy Tuna, Salmon, yellowtail, tobiko, and jalapeno in soy wrap with spicy mayo and yuzu sauce),

the Tuna Party Roll (Spicy Crunchy Tuna inside topped with sliced tuna and white tuna), Crazy Roll (salmon, tuna, yellowtail, avocado, cucumber, entire roll deep fried), Woburn Roll (seared sirloin steak, crispy sweet potato, steamed asparagus with hoisin scallion sauce)

All the food was not too bad and pretty filling, but we still had dessert to go, so we went for the Oreo Delight and the Fried Banana,

with me getting a Red Bean Ice Cream as well,

of which I liked the fried Oreos the most, especially because I have not had it before.

Overall, I have to say that I still prefer the Minado style buffet to this, as we are not forced to eat a lot of one thing at a time, but can choose how much of each we want, and the food wasn't too awesome anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment