Sunday, July 21, 2013

July 21st 2013: Dinner at Sports, Spirits and Steaks, North Reading

After a long day of doing food truck stuff, I decided to go have dinner at Sports, Spirits and Steaks, a bar restaurant in the town of North Reading.

Before that, I decided to do some sightseeing in the town of Melrose, heading first to Lewis Monk Memorial Park, which has views of Ell Pond.
Next, I went on a short hike up to High Rock, the trailhead located at the end of West Hill Terrace. The rough path I took, due to the presence of so many side trails that I had to just focus on going up and up and up to get to the rocky outcrop with a decent view of the Boston skyline, is shown below in pink.
The views from the top follow.
From here, I headed into Lynnfield, visiting a few places
Pillings Pond,
~538 Summer Street
Messiah Lutheran Church
before heading into North Reading, visiting a few more places there
Trinity Evangelical Church
Reading Cooperative Bank
Edith O Leary Senior Center
Flint Memorial Library
Town Common,
Park Street and Haverhill Street
Police/Fire Department
Batchelder School


before finally heading for dinner. The restaurant itself was pretty void of people when I arrived. I got down to ordering immediately, having a lot of money to use on my Groupon. I got the Garden Chili (ground beef, beans and Southwestern spices, Topped with shredded cheese, sour cream and a stack of tortilla chips) for my soup,

 the Buffalo Bleu Chicken Skins (Crispy potato skins topped with a delicious blend of buffalo chicken, shredded cheese and bacon bits baked to a golden brown and drenched in homemade bleu cheese dressing)

and Coconut Shrimp (Crispy shrimp tempura, lightly battered and rolled in fresh coconut shavings, served with secret dipping sauce) for appetizers,

the El Tiante Chicken Fajita Torpedo (Chicken tenderloins with tomatoes, peppers, onions and fajita spices, covered in Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses) for my main dish,

and the 6 Layers of Chocolate Cake (Colossal layer upon layer of dark, moist chocolate cake sandwiched between the silkiest smooth chocolate filling and topped with chunks of chocolate) for dessert.
The chili was a little too sour for my taste, while the shrimp and Potato Skins were pretty good. I had originally ordered the Red Sox Steak Tip Torpedo, but got the chicken one instead, which I did not like at all because of the onions and peppers in it. Due to the lateness of the night, I decided not to complain about it as I did not want to wait any longer for food, and I was already pretty full by now anyway. The cake itself was way too intense for me as well. Not a good experience overall, and I had tons of leftovers to take home.

Moreover, after leaving the place for home, I have since realized that I left my precious binder back at the restaurant. Guess I need to go back there again tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment