Monday, January 13, 2014

January 13th 2014: Dinner at Allora Ristorante, Marlborough

I decided to stick close to home for dinner tonight, and chose to check out Allora Ristorante, an upscale Italian place in the town of Marlborough. I've passed by the restaurant many times in the past, but never got to try it until now.This place is pretty nice for a small town place, so I hoped the food would be equally as good.
I decided to get the Lobster Chowder (seared sea scallops over chunks of lobster with house-made bacon and roasted herb potatoes in a light cream drizzled with pesto aioli), half expecting a bowl of soup to come out. It was much better.

The presentation itself was pretty good, but the taste itself was pretty amazing as well. I didn't expect to get full, but somehow I was struggling towards the end, although I could not resist lapping up the sauce with bread. 

Definitely a recommend if you are in town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment