Thursday, January 16, 2014

January 16th 2014: Dinner at Paradise Biryani Pointe, Westborough

Today after work, I decided to go try out a new Indian restaurant in Westborough, Paradise Biryani Pointe, which apparently is a chain restaurant all over the United States, famous for its Biryani. The place looks a little like a fast food place with simple decor, so I could only hope that the food was better. I decided to get the Gobi 65 (crispy snack made by dipping cauliflower in yogurt cornflour batter made with ginger, cayenne pepper and lime)  for an appetizer,

the Goat Biryani (marinated mutton and rice cooked in 30 different spices),

and finally the Qubani ka Meetha (Hyderbadi dessert made with apricots and topped with ice cream) for dessert.

The cauliflower was really good, with a spicy kick to it, made even better with a splash of lime. The rice was a little disappointing though, though not too bad either, just not having much flavor. The apricot dessert was pretty interesting though, and I wish I had the stomach to try the other unique desserts on the menu, but could not.


Overall, given the simple decor and the average biryani which should have been the signature dish in this establishment, I probably will not come back again, although I might still want to have a go at those desserts.

No comments:

Post a Comment