Wednesday, January 29, 2014

January 29th 2014: Dinner with a Friend at Salvatore's, Medford

Today after work, I decided to meet up with my friend for dinner at Salvatore's, an Italian restaurant in the town of Medford.

This place is actually pretty upscale, despite being a chain restaurant, with a few locations in Boston.

The food we got was actually pretty good as well. The Polenta "Fries" (white polenta stuffed with sharp provolone, lightly fried and served with house made fig ketchup) went really well with the fig sauce, which I actually thought was Thai Chilli Sauce.

My friend got the Steak Tips (signature marinated steak tips served with house made fries and cole slaw), which were cooked really well,
while my Short Rib Ravioli (in a shitake and oyster mushroom and grape tomato sauce with crème and spinach) were excellent as well.

To think I had thought that this place would just be so-so because it is a chain restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment