Wednesday, January 15, 2014

January 15th 2014: Lunch at Rochdale Burgers Subs and More, Dinner at Penang

Today, while I still had some time during work, I decided to head out for a quick lunch a Rochdale Burgers, Subs and More at 610 Pleasant Street in the town of Leicester. This place is pretty much a pizza takeout place with typical fare as well. I decided to get a sub with Steak, Cheese, Pepperoni and Mushrooms,

as well as some Spicy Thai Peanut Wings.
The food was just okay I guess, with the wings not even being spicy, can't say I could expect more out of this place anyway.

I had to leave early from work to go into Boston to do some food truck stuff, and after we were done, we decided to head to Penang for dinner. I have been here many times before, so I decided to try some different stuff, although we still got the Roti Canai.

We both got Soya Bean with Grass Jelly Drinks, which were pretty good,

2 vegetable dishes, namely the Shrimp with Ladies Fingers Malaysian Style (Sauteed shrimp, okra with spicy Malaysian shrimp paste sauce)

and the Watercress with Preserved Beancurd Paste Sauce,
and the Hokkien Char Mee (Thick yellow noodles cooked in heavily flavored soy sauce with shrimp, squid, pork and vegetables).
The vegetables weren't too bad, the okra with its shrimp paste being pretty close to actual Malaysian cuisine. The noodles were however, totally different from what I expected, and resultedly, not very much to my liking.

I'll probably be coming back to this place many times in the future, so it's good to know what not to order.

No comments:

Post a Comment