Monday, November 10, 2014

November 10th 2014: Dinner at Carrie Nation Cocktail Club, Boston

Today, I had a meetup dinner to go to at Carrie Nation Cocktail Club in Boston. Before that, I decided to stop by Temple Place Cafe nearby at 26 Temple Place to grab a quick bite,

getting the Smoked Salmon Crepe (with scallion cream),
which was alright I guess, though nothing amazing.

Carrie Nation was another thing altogether. Stepping into the place was like travelling back in time to the bars of the 20s, when alcohol was outlawed.
At this point, I decided to not join my meetup group, choosing to sit at the bar to get the Prix Fix 3 course meal, going with the Kale Salad (shaved sprouts, honey crisp apple, cranberries and cider vinaigrette) for appetizers,
the Pan Seared Lamb Lollipops for the entree,

and the 
Sticky Toffee Pudding (caramel sauce, fresh vanilla whipped cream) for dessert.
The salad was not bad, but got a little too much for me to stomach after awhile. The lamb was pretty good as well, tender and flavorful with a ginger tanginess to it. The dessert, however, tasted more like a lava cake in texture, with not much toffee to it.

Overall, I do think this place is worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment