Wednesday, November 5, 2014

November 5th 2014: BBQ Dinner at Sweet Cheeks Q, Boston

Today after work, I had a meetup dinner to go to at Sweet Cheeks Q in the Fenway area of Boston.

Before that, I decided to grab some pizza for tomorrow's lunch from Pan Roma Pizza nearby in Brookline. I got the Pulled Pork Pizza (pulled pork, bacon, sweet potatoes, BBQ sauce)

and the Down Under Pizza (shrimp, lemon, pineapples, mozzarella cheese, BBQ sauce),

choosing from an interesting selection on the menu.

The crust was very soft, different from most places I have been to, but both pizzas were actually pretty good, especially the pulled pork.

From here, I headed to Sol Azteca, a Mexican restaurant nearby, to use another deal of mine.

Here, I got the Camarones Veracruzanos (shrimp cooked in sauce of tomatoes, mushrooms, capers, almonds, raisins, white wine).
Although the ingredients looked interesting, the sauce itself tasted a little weird. Oh well.

Finally it was on to my BBQ meal for the night.

We had to wait a little while for everyone to arrive before we could sit.
We started off with buckets of biscuits, which came with honey butter.
The biscuits were just alright, but the butter was simply heavenly. Everyone could not stop eating at all.

For food, I decided to go with the Fat Cheeks Tray, choosing the Natural Pork Belly, Prime Beef Brisket, and Pork Sausage, coming with sides carrot and raisin salad and BBQ Ranch Beans.
Other things my friends got were the Buttermilk Fried Chicken,

Potato salad, Collard Greens, St. Louis Pork Ribs,
the Pulled Pork and the Mac and Cheese.
I liked the brisket the most, being moist and fatty, the best I have had to date. The ribs were not too bad either, as was the pulled pork. I loved the beans as well, while the carrot salad was pretty good as well. 

On the other hand, the macaroni was a little hard for my liking, while there was not enough fat on the belly. The sausage was bland and dry, while the collard greens and potato salad were just average.

Overall though, this is definitely one of the better BBQ places I have been to.


No comments:

Post a Comment