Wednesday, November 19, 2014

November 19th 2014: Eating in Waltham

Today after work, I had a meetup dinner to go to at Jake and Joe's, a chain bar restaurant that just opened recently in Waltham. Before that, I decide to use my deal at the Grille at Hobbs Brook, located within the Embassy Suites Boston/Waltham, which I have been to in the past.

As expected, the decor was pretty nice, being within a hotel,
The food on the new menu wasn't as inspiring though. I went with the Fried Green Tomatoes (Cayenne Buttermilk Ranch Dressing, Parmesan Cheese) 

and the Pan Seared Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes (Roasted corn, smoked tomato, mango, red onion, cilantro).
Both dishes were actually pretty tasty, the tomatoes being crispy and going well with the sauce provided, while the crabmeat was really fresh as well.

From here, it was on to Jake and Joe's which was a pretty big and fancy looking sports bar, and it was already full of people. Thankfully, there was still space for me to sit at the bar.

As I was really early, I decided not to join the huge group and order early, getting the Mac Attack Burger (Monterey Jack Cheese and JnJ Mac and Cheese).
It was actually really flavorful, considering it was just Mac and Cheese. The fries were just alright though.

Overall, not a bad place to hang out at.






No comments:

Post a Comment