Friday, November 7, 2014

November 7th 2014: Meals in Quincy

Today after work, I decided to head into Quincy for dinner at Rozafa Mediterranean Bistro.

Before that, I went to grab some pizza from Sofia Pizza House, getting the Bianca Pizza (Eggplant with broccoli and garlic)

and the Hawaiian Pizza (Ham, Pineapple and Bacon).

Both pizzas weren't too bad, the surprising one being the eggplant which looked pretty bland but actually tasted decent.


At Rozafa, I decided to get the Eggplant Tart (Homemade eggplant parm served with fresh mozzarella and tomato sauce) for an appetizer,

the Pasta and Faggioli soup,

and the Tagliatelle al Porcini (Fresh egg noodles served with a cream porcini mushroom sauce and topped with truffle oil) for my main dish.

The soup was quite tasty, while the eggplant was crispy and thankfully not too sour. I do not think I should have gotten the pasta, as it was on the verge of being bland, with no other ingredients in it. 
With more left to spend, I resorted to dessert, getting the Bananas Foster

and the Apple Cider Donut Holes with coffee.


Both desserts were pretty good, especially the caramelized bananas. Overall though, due to a slight lack of ambience and the mediocrity of the food, I probably won't be back here again.


After dinner, I headed to Randolph to watch some movies at the Showcase Cinema De Lux, deciding to go with "Fury", a war movie based on a true story, set near the end of World War
II, starring Brad Pitt. Really good show, I recommend going to watch it. With that, I called it a night. Really looking forward to checking out the fall foliage with my friend tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment