Thursday, November 6, 2014

November 6th 2014: Dinner at Zaftig's, Brookline

Today after work, I had a meetup dinner at Zaftig's in Brookline.

I arrived early as always, and decided to get some dessert from Party Favors, a pretty large candy shop nearby, getting a box of truffles
and a dozen mini-cupcakes, namely the Lemon, Raspberry, Petite Nutella Latte, Oreo, Red Velvet, Peanut Butter, Hostess, Boston Cream, Chocolate Caramel, Salted Caramel Mocha, Chocolate Mousse and German Chocolate ones.
Pretty good cupcakes actually.

I arrived at the brunch place on time, and only had to wait for a while till everyone else arrived.
My friend strongly recommended the Banana Stuffed French Toast (In a bourbon-vanilla batter with date butter and berries), which she got,
and another got the Grandma's Brisket (Slow cooked in natural juices served with vegetable gravy and kasha varnishkas), which I was considering getting as well.
I decided to try the Jewish stuff instead, getting the Zaftig Combo (Cheese blintz, potato pancake, potato knish, sweet noodle kugel)
and the Matzo Brei (Softened matzo crackers, pan fried with scrambled eggs, topped with cinnamon sugar).
The little Jewish snacks were not too bad, but the matzo eggs were really bland. Another case of ordering the wrong stuff I guess. Overall though, I would think this is one of the better breakfast places in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment