Monday, November 24, 2014

November 24th 2014: Spending the Night at the Boston Logan Airport

I had a flight to take to Florida early tomorrow morning, and decided to spend the night at the Boston Logan Airport.

I was planning to take the train from work, but as I was about to leave, my colleague came by to tell me he could give me a lift to the Boston area. What luck!!

We headed into the Porter Square area of Cambridge, where we decided to have dinner at Sugar and Spice, a Thai restaurant nearby which I have been to in the past.

This time around, my friend got the Tom Yum Chicken Soup (hot and sour soup) and
the Crispy Taro (Shredded taro mixed with wheat flour, coconut milk and peanut) for appetizers,
and the Chicken Khua Kling (A Southern Thai speciality, a very spicy curry without coconut milk) for his main dish.
I got the Ba Mee (Dry) (Ramen noodle, BBQ pork, fish ball, vegetable, chili and crushed nut) for myself.
The soup was pretty good and spicy, while the taro was crispy and delicious with the sauce provided. My friend's dish was a little spicy but tasty, although my noodles were really flavorful, especially with the BBQ pork, which most places here do not do well at all.

An excellent dining experience once again.

After dinner, I took the train from Porter Square T Station
to the airport, where I milled around for a bit before heading to Connolly's Publik Pub, located within the Hilton Boston Logan Airport, which I have been to in the past. This time, I decided to just get dessert, getting the Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee,
which wasn't too bad actually.

With that, I stayed the rest of the night at the airport, waiting for my flight to Florida tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment