Monday, May 13, 2013

May 13th 2013: Dinner at Sugar and Spice, Cambridge

Today, I had a meetup event to network with other entrepreneurs in the food industry, at the Grafton  Street Pub and Grill, a pretty decent bar in the Harvard Square area of Cambridge. I met a lot of interesting people here, but as we were all just standing around, I could not eat anything here. I will probably do so the next time I am here.

After leaving the bar, I decided to use one of my Groupons at Sugar and Spice, a Thai restaurant very nearby in the Porter Square area in town. This is a pretty small but nice restaurant, and they have some very interesting dishes on the menu, some of which I got tonight.
For appetizers, I got the Pla Dook Foo (crispy fried shredded cat fish with spicy mango salad). The fish was a little dry, though pretty tasty with the mango salad. 
For my entree, I got the Kana Moo Krob (Crispy pork belly with Chinese broccoli in chili sauce). This I really liked, the pork belly being really crispy, and the vegetables going really well with the sauce, which was a little on the spicy side, but delicious all the same.

Finally for dessert, I got the Sticky Rice with Taro Mousse. This dish brought back memories of me eating it back home in Singapore.
Unfortunately, my night did not end well, as I got pulled over for apparently speeding in Brookline, even though I felt I wasn't at the time. I am definitely going to appeal the ruling.

No comments:

Post a Comment