Saturday, May 25, 2013

May 25th 2013: Spending My Memorial Day Weekend with My Best Friend

The first day of the Memorial Day weekend started with my friend and I looking for a place to eat breakfast in Westborough before heading to Regal Cinemas in town to watch the movie Iron Man 3. After looking at Yelp, I decided to go with South Street Diner, a really nice place which looks more like an upscale restaurant than a diner.

The place was crowded, but thankfully there was still one table available for us. After looking at the menu, my friend decided to get the Farmer's Omelette (Sausage, ham, bacon, peppers, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and cheese),


and I got the Cabot Cove Benedict (2 Dropped eggs, Maine Lobster, tomatoes & Asparagus on a English Muffin topped with Hollandaise Sauce served with Homefries).
Both dishes were pretty okay, but I don't think lobster goes well with eggs benedict. I still think this place is worth coming back to though.

After watching the movie, which both of us felt wasn't really that great, we headed home to play some video games. Later in the evening, I had to go to the airport to pick another friend up for the weekend, so my best friend and I decided to get some Korean food at Dabin, a restaurant in Lexington that my friend recommended to me once, and today was finally my chance to try it out. This place  is pretty nicely decorated, and there was quite a few items on the Japanese Korean menu I have never tried before. 




We decided to share the appetizers,


getting the Toban Yaki (Seafood and vegetables, cooked on a ceramic plate)


and the Sam Sek Jun (Pan-fried cod, zucchini, and shitake mushroom, stuffed with beef).


I also got the Fish Egg Nabe (Fish egg stew with house-made hot and spicy sauce),


while my friend got the Soft Tofu Geegae (A stew of uncured tofu, oysters and pork).
All the food was really good, and the fish was really fresh. I only thought that the Toban Yaki was a bit too expensive for a few pieces of salmon and vegetables.

With that, we headed to the Boston Logan Airport to pick my friend up, and head home for the night. I ended up sleeping early, as we had All Terrain Vehicle (ATV) driving to do tomorrow in New Hampshire.

No comments:

Post a Comment