Monday, May 20, 2013

May 20th 2013: Endless Wings at Soulfire BBQ, Boston

Today after work, I met up with some friends at Soulfire BBQ in Allston for a session of Endless Buffalo Wings. Before that, I decided to use one of my Groupons at Lorenz Island Cuisine, a Caribbean restaurant in the Dorchester area of Boston.

This place has a hole in the wall kind of feel to it, and so did the food I ordered, consisting of a Johnny Cake,


a Jamaican Fruit Cake,


Fried Plantains,


a Beef Patty with Coco Bread,


Callaloo,


and Goat Curry wrapped in Roti, with vegetables and channa.






































I liked the Johnny Cake a lot, and the callaloo and goat curry were pretty good too, the callaloo tasting a little like boiled cabbage. The plantains and beef patty weren't too bad either, although I did not like the almond taste of the fruit cake.

From here, I decided to take a little walk around the Dorchester center area.
Global Ministries Christian Church
Old Dorchester Town Hall,
637 Washington Street
2nd Church in Dorchester
Old Dorchester High School,
385 Talbot Avenue









With that, I decided to call it a day as it started raining really hard, and I got drenched a little.

I had a fun time with my friends enjoying wings that came in several flavors, and I think I did over 20 tonight at Soulfire.



After our filling dinner, we headed nearby to Kung Fu Tea for a drink. This is a new bubble tea place that usually has long lines outside it. Thankfully, the line today wasn't too bad, and I was able to get my Specialty Winter Gourd Tea without having to wait for too long. It wasn't too bad, but I have no idea why there would be such long lines outside this place when other places in the vicinity do serve up similar stuff.



With that, I headed home for the day, happy with the new friends I made today while stuffing myself with chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment