Tuesday, May 7, 2013

May 7th 2013: Dinner at Zuma Tex Mex Grill, Boston

Today after work, I was notified that I could attend a dinner meetup event at Zuma Tex Mex Grill, located in the Faneuil Hall Marketplace area in downtown Boston.

I managed to leave work a little early, so I decided to grab a quick bite from Wichit, a sandwich takeout place in town, getting the Cubano (seasoned pulled pork, ham, swiss, fresh dill pickles, mojo mustard, on baguette pressed “Havana” style, house dressing for dipping),

fries

and a cup of Tomato vegetable soup.

Overall, I would say all the food was just average. I would have expected more from a place located on Newbury Street, the trendiest shopping stretch in town.

After parking in the Financial District, it was just a short walk to the restaurant, which was a little hard to find with all the restaurants around.

When everyone finally arrived, it took a while for us to get water, much less drinks, and even to have our orders taken, which can be excused I guess due to the crowdedness of the restaurant at this time.
I decided to get 4 different things, namely the Elote Locos (grilled corn, topped with mayo, cheese and Mexican spices), a traditional Mexican street food,

the Southwest Spring Roll (Zucchini, carrot, avocado, red pepper, and summer squash rolled in crispy flour tortillas. Served with an avocado salsa),

the Brisket Taco (House smoked brisket in a flour tortilla with B.B.Q. sauce lettuce and pico de gallo), and the Carnitas Taco (Tender roasted pork in thick corn tortillas, with lettuce, pico de gallo, cotija cheese and fresh cilantro).

Out of all the dishes, only the corn, which was a special dish, was pretty good. Everything else was just so-so, disappointing for a place located in a touristy area like the Faneuil Hall area. I guess the drinks were really good though. With that, a disappointing night of eating out came to an end. I hope my meal tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment