Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May 29th 2013: Dinner at Eighty Ates, Dudley

Today after work, my friend wanted me to grab some dinner for her, so I decided to use my Groupon at Eighty Ates in the town of Dudley.

This place is actually pretty decently decorated for a small town place.
Using my groupon, I decided to get the Three Cheese and Potato Pierogis (mini-pierogi fried in garlic sage butter, served with side of sour cream) for appetizers,

and the Beef and Bella (Twin tornadoes of beef mariated with garlic and olive oil, grilled, sliced thin and topped with slices of grilled portabella mushrooms, drizzled with garlic au jus) for my main dish,

while I got the Tortellini Carbonara (cheese filled Tortellini sauteed with imported ham, sundried tomatoes and pea pods in rich cream sauce) for my friend.

The pierogis tasted pretty bland, while the tortellini tasted pretty weird to me. The beef however, though a little overcooked (I ordered rare), was still really good, and I finished it all while boxing the rest to bring home to my friend. I think I'll give this place the benefit of the doubt, assuming I got the wrong dishes, and give it a slight recommend.

After leaving the place, I headed home,
Hometown Bank,
Thompson Road and East Main Street

happening to pass by a newly constructed monument to the old Slater Cotton Mill on the corner of Worcester Road and East Main Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment