Saturday, May 11, 2013

May 11th 2013: The Watch City Steampunk Festival, Waltham

Today, in the midst of doing food truck stuff today, I was able to find time to visit the Watch City Steampunk Festival, held in the city of Waltham, also known as the Watch City. Although I did not have the time to see any of the performances, for which my friend and I would have to pay for, I still got to see the people and vendors selling interesting stuff who were located on the City Common, most of whom were dressed up in garb from the Victorian age or from the World Wars, with interesting gadgetry and all. Pictures I took here follow.
After a day of hard work, my friend and I decided to have dinner at Himalayan Bistro in the West Roxbury area of Boston.

My friend was extremely hungry, so we ended up getting a lot of food. For appetizers, I got the Duck Choila (Poached duck breast tempered with fenugreek and turmeric powder spiced in Himalayan masala, served lukewarm), while he got the Himalayan Vegetable Platter (one samosa, two vegetable pakoras, one cheese pakora, one aloo tikki), both of which were pretty good, especially the duck breast, which was really tender.

For soups, he got the Coconut Soup, while I got the Timurko Jhol (Himalayan peppercorn soup with garlic flakes) special. 
I did not like my soup though, as it tasted pretty weird. I somehow managed to drink it all though. For our main dishes, we decided to get the Chicken Vindaloo (Chicken cubes cooked with potatoes and hot peppers)

and the Lamb Bhuna (Boneless lamb pan roasted with onions, tomatoes and spices), along with a side of Plain Naan.

I wasn't so much a fan of the chicken, but the lamb and the naan were pretty tasty.

Finally, for dessert, I got the Sikorni (hung yogurt folded with dry nuts).

It was a little sour, but with a slight sweetness, so I actually enjoyed the yogurt. And to top it all, my friend paid for the meal, together with my Groupon of course. A pretty good experience tonight overall.

With that, we headed home for the night, in order to get some rest before having to get up really early tomorrow again.

No comments:

Post a Comment