Friday, May 3, 2013

May 3rd 2013: Dinner at Pasha, Arlington

Today after work, I had a meetup event at a Turkish restaurant, Pasha, in Arlington. I arrived a little early, so I decided to try out some small eats at Mr. Sushi, a Japanese restaurant at 693 Massachusetts Avenue, nearby.
After looking at the menu quickly, I decided to get the Kiwi Scallop Maki, which comes with asparagus, seaweed, tempura flakes and kani salad inside and scallop, kiwi, black tobiko and hot sauce on the outside.
It was really tasty, especially with the kiwi on top. After quickly gobbling down my delicious sushi roll,  and the complimentary orange piece of art I got with my check,
I headed to the restaurant I was supposed to be at tonight. Thankfully, my friend had already arrived, and it wasn't long before everyone else showed up. 

I decided to get the Stuffed Eggplant (Karnyarik, Lightly roasted whole baby eggplant stuffed with fresh vegetables, sauteed ground beef and lamb, pinenuts, raisin, served with bulgur (brown wheat rice)) for my main dish. 
It wasn't too bad I guess, although I felt it was a little bland. We all decided to get dessert as well, with me getting the Sekepare (honey cake made of flour mixed with semolina, baking powder, vanilla and powdered sugar, baked with syrup),

while my friends got the Kunefe (baked shredded wheat stuffed with hellim cheese and topped with syrup, served hot) and the Baklava.

All the desserts were fantastic, especially the Kunefe, which I kinda regret not getting, although my honey cakes were almost as good too.

Overall, a place I would recommend, especially for the desserts.

I still had to pick up a friend from Riverside T-Station in Newton later that night, so I decided to head to Bokx 109 at Hotel Indigo, which is right next to the station, for a small bite while waiting for my friend to arrive. 
By the time I got to the fancy place within a fancy hotel, the kitchen was already closed, but thankfully dessert was still on the cards, so I decided to go with the Frozen Lemon Souffle, which came with a piece of raspberry leather, and an alcoholic Blueberry Shooter, very artistically presented.
I enjoyed it thoroughly, though a little buzzed after the drink. Thankfully, my friend came soon after and we headed back to my home uneventfully. Looking forward to prepping for SOWA tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment