Monday, May 6, 2013

May 6th 2013: Dinner at Coriander Bistro, Sharon

Today after work, I decided to use one of my fast expiring groupons at Coriander Bistro, an Indian restaurant in the town of Sharon.

I still had some time before dinner, so I decided to sightsee in Plainville,
Plainville Baptist Church
Old Bliss Union Chapel,
~70 Taunton Street
North Attleborough,
Cushman Union Church
Seekonk,
Memorial Baptist Church
and start roaming the streets of Attleborough before heading to dinner once the sun set for good.
Lake Como from David Allard Memorial Park,
~150 May Street
Arbour Fuller Hospital
Triple Play Car Wash
South Attleboro Fire Department,
1476 West Street
Bethany Village Fellowship
Old Fire Station, 532 Newport Avenue
South Attleboro Assembly of God
St. Theresa of the Child Jesus Church
All Saint's Anglican Church
The views of Orr Pond from the Russell F. Tennant Water Treatment Facility were pretty good,

while it was good to see that Canadian Geese younglings have finally hatched at Lee's Pond at the South Attleboro Veterans Memorial Playground.
From here, I decided to call it a day for sightseeing, and head to Coriander Bistro, a South Asian (Indian/Nepali) restaurant in Sharon for dinner.

There weren't many people in the restaurant this time of night, so I got my order of Lamb Momos (steamed dumplings)

and Haas Ra Saag (Duck meat cooked with fresh spinach or mustard blended with exotic spices).
Both dishes were actually not too bad, although the dumplings had to go with sauces to taste delicious, while I was expecting more sauce in the duck, which was still good.

Finally for dessert, I got the Kulfi Badam Pista, a type of pistachio ice cream, which came out cut in quarters of a circle, but really the best dish of the night.

With that, a day of sightseeing after work came to an end. I was really glad to see that babies have finally started to come out, signalling that spring is in full swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment