Sunday, May 5, 2013

May 5th 2013: Cinco De Mayo at the SOWA Market, Boston

Today, we spent most of the day helping out on the food truck at the SOWA Open Market, which was opening day today. We did good business, selling out most of our food by 2pm.

After a long day at work, my friend and I decided to grab some Korean food at Chung Ki Wa, a pretty decent sized place in the town of Medford.

After looking at the menu, we decided to get the Seasoned Tofu (Tofu served with spicy sauce)

and the Korean Beef Tarta (Minced sirloin steak with special sauce with egg) for appetizers,

while getting the Jok Bal (Steamed Pork Foot in Special Sauce)

and the Daegu Maeun-Tang (Spicy cod broth with clam, vegetables, and tofu) for our main dishes.
The Seasoned Tofu, which I thought would be fried, was a little bit of a disappointment to me being steamed, though the flavor was still not too bad, My friend thought the Jok Bal would be hot, but it was a cold dish, though still pretty tender and tasty. I loved the raw beef the best, especially with the sauce mixed into it, while the cod fish soup was pretty tasty as well, although we had to be on the constant lookout for fish bones.

With that, my friend headed back to the kitchen to make more food for business tomorrow, while I headed back home to rest for work tomorrow. I had a lot of fun at the SOWA market today, to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment