Friday, May 24, 2013

May 24th 2013: 2nd Farewell Lunch for My Colleague at Red Pepper, Framingham

Today at lunch, some of my Asian colleagues decided to give a second farewell lunch to my friend who was leaving for another company, this time at a famous Szechuan Chinese Restaurant, Red Pepper, located in Framingham.

This place serves authentic Szechuan cuisine, and we ordered family style, so I was able to sample a lot of dishes today. Pictures of them, most of which were pretty spicy, though tasty, follow.
Sliced Beef and Tendon with Chilli Sauce
Dry Braised Lamb with Spicy Sauce in Hot Pot
Shredded Pork with Spicy Garlic Sauce
Cumin Flavored Lamb with Chilli Sauce
Deep Fried Chicken with Dried Chilli Peppers
Pork Blood, Beef Stomach and Soybean Sprout Stew
Tea Smoked Duck
Dry Braised Mushrooms with Spicy Sauce in Hot Pot
Stir Fried Kai Lan
Poached Fish with Cabbage in Hot Chilli Sauce
Stir Fried Pea Shoots



































After work, I headed into Malden to do more food truck stuff, but before that, I decided to grab dinner at Aldo's Cafe in Stoneham.




This place is a pretty decently decorated family style Italian restaurant, and has interesting complimentary bruschetta starters.


For my food, I decided to get the Escargots Rockefeller (pan seared with spinach, in garlic butter sauce) for appetizers,

and the Pork Valdostano (boneless pork loin, pan seared, with shallots, mushrooms, spinach in sherry wine sauce, topped with mozzarella and prosciutto, served with angel hair pasta),

which came with a complimentary salad.




Both dishes were a little bit disappointing. The spinach felt a little undercooked and still raw, spoiling the appetizer for me, while the pork was a little dry, although the dish itself was pretty okay. Overall, I would not come back here, mainly because there re better restaurants around.

After doing my food truck stuff, I headed back home, and was just in time to receive my best friend, who was coming from NYC for the Memorial Day weekend to spend some time with me. Looking forward to the weekend now.

No comments:

Post a Comment