Wednesday, May 8, 2013

May 8th 2013: Ice Cream at Cabot's Ice Cream and Restaurant, Newton

Today after work, I had a meetup dinner at Cabot's Ice Cream and Restaurant in Newton to go to. Before that, I decided to go find a natural waterfall, the Danforth Falls, located in the town of Hudson.

After parking in front of the sign for the Danforth Falls Conservation Area at the junction of Lincoln Street near Bradford Road, the rough path I took to find the waterfall and get back to my car is shown below in pink.
Walking to find the waterfall was a pretty easy trek, just making sure that the Danforth Brook was always on my right. When I got to the waterfall, I wasn't sure whether it was the actual falls or not, as it looked more like a series of rapids than an actual waterfall, as you can see from my picture.

My GPS wasn't working properly, so I could not tell that I was at the spot where the waterfall was supposed to be, and I also got lost on the way back as a result, emerging at the Farley School down south instead, and having to walk along Packard Road to get back to Lincoln Street and subsequently my car.

Thankfully, I was able to verify that I had seen the falls from Youtube videos, and I was able to spot the exact same rocks in the video that were in my picture as well.

Overall though, I would say this waterfall is not worth the trek.

On the way to Newton for my meetup event, I passed by the Assabet River Rail Trail in Hudson,

Stow,
Massachusetts Firefighting Academy,
1 State Road
and Sudbury.
Sudbury Fire Department
Finally, it was time to head to dinner. I ended up being a little late due to being stuck in traffic. Cabot's looks like a retro ice cream cafe, and there were a lot of people here today. After finding my friends, I decided to get the Deli-Style Corned Beef Hash (with pot of Boston baked beans and brown bread) for food, and with the exception of the bread, which was a little too sweet and dark for me, the hash was actually pretty good, especially with the good presentation.

Next, it was time to order ice cream, and we all got fudge sundaes,

mine with Moose Tracks and Butter Crunch Ice Cream, topped with Butterfinger crumbs and melted marshmallow in place of whipped cream, which came out dripping down the sides of the cup, solidified, and looking pretty cool.
After a while I could not take the extreme sweetness of my sundae and had to stop gobbling it down. Overall, a pretty fun experience enjoying ice cream with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment