Thursday, May 16, 2013

May 16th 2013: The Brimfield Antique Shows

Today after work, I decided to check out the various antique markets on showcase in the town of Brimfield at the Brimfield Antique Show. The town, which is usually almost void of people all year round, becomes a buzz of traffic and activity this time of year because of this, and I had to check it out for myself. Pictures I took of the interesting stuff that was on sale here follow, including old toys, Chinese statues and African masks, to say the least.

After my brief stint window shopping for antiques, I decided to do some sightseeing as there was still plenty of daylight to go around, heading into Ludlow,
Memorials at Library Park
where I tried to look for the Wallamanumps Falls, located on the Chicopee River, but I ended up having to cross over the bridge to the Springfield side on Ludlow Avenue near Main Street and find a path through the shrubbery to go under the bridge to view it. Unfortunately, at this time of year, the water level was really low, and there was not much of a waterfall to see, although the rapids were still pretty good. Pictures follow.

From here, I visited several other places in Springfield
Dimmock Pond at Hubbard Park,
~180 Parker Street
St. Catherine of Siena Church
Foster Memorial Church
Sixteen Acres Library
Church in the Acres
before I headed for dinner at Gregory's Restaurant and Pizza Pub, a typical bar restaurant in Wilbraham, passing by the Friendly's corporate headquarters at 1855 Boston Road in town along the way.
Here,

I decided to get the Turkey Vegetable Soup,

the Samuel Adams Honey BBQ Wings for appetizers,

the Twin Chived Pork Chops for my main dish,

and finally a Chocolate Chip Cake for dessert.
The soup and wings were just average, while the pork chops were way too dry. Overall, I wouldn't come back here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment