Thursday, May 9, 2013

May 9th 2013: More Ice Cream at Lizzy's, Waltham and Jimmie's Ice Cream Cafe, Boston

Today after work, I had a meetup event to go have ice cream at Lizzy's in Waltham. I left work early to get my hair cut, then headed to Waltham to have dinner at Sushi Box, a Japanese and Korean restaurant in town. By then it had already started pouring, and after parking beside the restaurant, I still got drenched trying to get it.

The decor was just okay I guess, being a little sparse.

With my groupon, I decided to get the Oshitashi Salad (steamed spinach with sesame oil),

the Spicy Seafood Udon,

and the Ahi Tower Special Maki (Spicy Tuna, Crab Salad, Avocado, Tobiko).

Everything wasn't too bad I guess. The salad was definitely too simplistic and not worth the $4 I paid for it. The noodles were too spicy for me, and the presentation of the maki was different but not amazing either. Overall, I would say that there are better places to have sushi at.

As I was still really early, I decided not to wait for the meetup event, heading immediately to Lizzy's after my dinner to check it out, passing by an old building at 16 Elm Street along the way.

The ice cream place itself wasn't too impressive looking, though they have board games for people to play while enjoying their ice cream,

and the menu I felt did not have much originality to it. I decided to get a scoop of the Mad Dog Mango Sherbet, and it turned out to have a strong ginger spice to it, which made me hate it immediately. 

My experience here was terrible, but I guess it's because I picked the wrong ice cream flavor.

I then realized I could use the time to do some food truck banking stuff, so I headed into the South End area of Boston. By the time I got there, due to the traffic, the bank was already about to close, so thankfully I had the common sense to call the bank, and managed to get them to stay open for me so I could get my stuff done. At least my trip was not wasted after all. 

After that, I decided to head to the Roslindale area to use another Groupon at yet another ice cream place, Jimmie's Ice Cream Cafe, passing by a few interesting buildings along the way.
Charles J Beard Media Center
Old Franklin Brewing Company Building,
3175 Washington Street
Jamaica Plain Police Station
Boston School of Modern Languages
St. Mark of Ephesus Orthodox Church
The cafe itself was smaller than Lizzy's but they had better flavors in my opinion. I decided to get the Totally Turtle Sundae,

and the HazelBerryAna Crepe (Banana, Strawberries, Nutella).
Both weren't too bad I should say, although I was already pretty full from my dinner and had to take them home as leftovers.

With that, my brief day of sightseeing in the rain came to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment