Tuesday, May 14, 2013

May 14th 2013: Dinner at Peony Chinese Restaurant, Norwood

Today after work, I had to mail something in the town of Natick, so I took the opportunity to use 2 of my Groupons for dinner. First, I headed to Pizzigando Cafe, a typical pizza takeout place in Sharon, where I got the Chicken Buffalo Pizza (Cheese, Chicken Buffalo, Hot Rings, Pineapple, Red Sauce)

and a Chef's Salad (Turkey, Ham, Creamy Greek Sauce, Provolone Cheese, Pita, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Kalamata Olives, Pepperoncini).
Nothing special about the dishes at all.

While there was still light, I proceeded to the town of Stoughton to do some sightseeing there.
Old Stoughton Water Works Building,
~1749 Central Street
Stoughton District Court
Ahavath Torah Congregation
Faith Baptist Church
Immaculate Conception Church
Stoughton Train Station
Stoughton Police Department
Stoughton Town Hall
First Parish Universalist Church
Stoughton Housing Authority
Old Building, 33 Seaver Street
Finally, it was time for dinner. I headed to the Peony Chinese Restaurant in Norwood, which was empty this time of night. I decided to get the Cold Noodle With Peanut Sauce and Boiled Wonton With Spicy Sauce for appetizers,

and the Ginger and Basil Chicken Chops with Bone Casserole (Chicken thigh meat chops with bone stir-fried with ginger and sesame oil, and slowly braised in house special seasoning mixture, served with sprinkles of finely chopped basil) for my entree, which is definitely more traditional than the usual Americanized Chinese fare.
Overall, the wonton was just alright, the noodles weren't too bad, while the chicken had too much bone and basil taste to it. Although this place serves more traditional Chinese food, I would probably give this place a pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment