Friday, May 17, 2013

May 17th 2013: Painting Pottery for the Second Time in Cambridge

Today, I had made arrangements with my friend to go ride an air balloon in Salem, NH, but even though the weather was extremely good, apparently balloons are not allowed to fly in winds above 5mph, so we were informed today that it was cancelled due to strong wind conditions.

I felt bad for my friend who was really looking forward to the trip, so I decided to make it up to her by taking her out to paint pottery at Made By Me in Cambridge. The place itself is pretty much like the Clayroom in Brookline, as can be seen below.
I decided to paint a FUGU in support of my food truck, getting a Nemo looking like fish to paint,
while my friend got a mug.

At the end of it, I think I did not do too bad a job at all,

while my friend did a much better job, of course.
After submitting our pieces to be cooked in the kiln, we headed to Somerville for some Indian cuisine at Diva Indian Bistro in Somerville, which looks pretty upscale.
I was really surprised to learn that my friend had not had Indian food before, so this was a perfect opportunity for her to try several dishes for free with my Groupon. The starters were interesting enough, being potato patties instead of the usual chickpea chips.
I let my friend try the Mango Lassi, which she absolutely loved,

and got the Aloo Tikki Chaat (Spicy potato patties deep fried, mixed with cucumbers, chickpeas and tomatoes delicately tossed with sweet and sour tangy sauce) for appetizers, which was simply excellent as well.
For our main dishes, we got the Goat Curry

and the Soft Indian "Kulcha" Tacos (boti lamb).

The tacos were delicious, although we soon realized that the goat curry was way too spicy for us, and we were forced to take it home.

For dessert, we decided to get the Mango Mulba Sundae (Homemade mango sundae with vanilla ice cream, mango, fresh whipped cream topped with a fresh mango slice) and the Punjabi Kulfi (Exotic ice cream from India with saffron, almonds and nuts). Both of us definitely liked the Punjabi Kulfi better, although the sundae was pretty good too. 

After a delicious and filling dinner, I showed her a little around Davis Square, bringing her to the Seven Hills Park, then taking her to see the fort atop Prospect Hill at Prospect Hill Park, where she enjoyed the night views of the Boston skyline.

We then headed to Tufts University in Medford to see the views from atop the Tisch Library, which she said were not as good as at Prospect Hill Park.


Finally, we headed to the Showcase Cinema De Lux in Revere to watch Iron Man 3, which was a pretty good movie with stunning effects, barring the lack of adherence to physical principles, where I think Iron Man should have died several times over during the movie.


It was already midnight when the movie finally ended, so I brought my friend home before heading to the Riverside T-Station in Newton to pick up my friends coming from NYC for the weekend of food truck activities. Thankfully, I arrived just as the bus arrived and we headed back home, ready to wake up early tomorrow to start a weekend of food truck activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment