Saturday, June 1, 2013

June 1st 2013: Watching My Friend Lose at Basketball

This morning, my friends and I had to do some food truck stuff in Hyde Park in Boston, and after that we decided to get some lunch in the neighborhood of West Roxbury, passing by the Theodore Parker Church along the way.
Our original intention was to have breakfast at Rox Diner, but as it had a long waiting line, we decided to head across the street to check out the Sugar Bakery and its adjoining diner, The Real Deal, which I went to a few months ago.

The bakery had a ton of cakes to choose from, and I had a hard time deciding what to get,
so I asked for recommendations, getting their raspberry filled Brambles, the Maple Pecan Tart, the Mini Eclair, and a Lemon filled tart.
The desserts I shared with my friends were pretty good, especially the Bramble. For food, my friends got burgers from the Real Deal, along with Onion Rings and Boneless Buffalo Wings,

with me getting the Dr. Jekyll Burger (Veggie Patties, Mushrooms, Swiss Chesse, tomatoes, lettuce),

which wasn't too bad at all. I especially liked the Kick'n Bayou sauce which came with the onion rings. The only disappointment was the chicken fingers, which were not at all crispy.

After a day of doing food truck stuff, my 2 friends from different food trucks had a bet over who would win at a game of 1-on-1 basketball at the Boston Sports Club located at Station Landing in Medford.

Unfortunately, the game was already over before it started. My friend kept making jump shots from random places on the court and making them, and my other friend had no way of stopping him, so he lost terribly. 100 bucks gone just like that, haha.

After the game, I had to pick my friend up from the Pinkberry store on Newbury Street in Boston, then we headed to Fu Loon Restaurant in Malden, where I had lunch before, for dinner. She decided to sleep in the car while I joined my other friends for a nice and spicy dinner. This time, we got the Kan Shue String Beans,

the Hot Diced Chicken, Home Style,

and the Special Spicy Fish Filet,

along with the Beancurd Leaf with Pork, which we had the last time.

Once again, really tasty food, although the chicken was a little too spicy for me.

With that, I brought my sleeping friend home, in preparation for another early day tomorrow on the food truck.


No comments:

Post a Comment