Thursday, June 27, 2013

June 27th 2013: An Early Dinner at Grappa Restaurant, Watertown

Today after work, I was supposed to go riding a mini-speed boat in the Boston Harbor, but due to the weather, it was canceled at the last minute, when I was already in the Boston area.

As a result, I decided to do some sightseeing in the Boston area instead, having dinner at the Grappa Restaurant, a pretty small Italian restaurant which definitely does not look like much from the outside, with very little parking available as well.
For food, I decided to get the Rolled Eggplant (stuffed with mozzarella, ground beef, baked in tomato sauce)

and their special of the day, which had Grilled Hake, Spinach Ravioli, Mushrooms, cream sauce and string beans.
Both dishes were actually really good. The eggplant wasn't too sour, with the right texture and the gooey cheese making the dish a tasteful delight to consume. The hake was really fresh, and wasn't dry or overcooked, grilled to perfection, going well with the sauce that I kept lapping up.

Other than that though, there wasn't much variety to the menu, but I do recommend trying this small place out once.

After a great dinner, I headed into the Roxbury area of Boston to start my sightseeing in the midst of the foggy, muggy weather with occasional rain.
Refuge Church of Christ
Malcolm X Park,
Dale Street and Washington Street
Faces of Dudley
Dudley Square T Station
Bethel Baptist Church
Assembly of Christian Churches,
5 Howard Avenue
Holy Family Parish
Holy Tabernacle Church
Jeremiah E Burke High School
Bethel Tabernacle Pentecostal Church
Finally, it became too dark to take any more pictures, and I headed home for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment