Wednesday, June 26, 2013

June 26th 2013: Taking a Land Bridge to Thompson Island

Today after work, I had an appointment with a good friend of mine to have dinner at Paolo's Trattoria, a relatively small Italian restaurant located in the Charlestown area of Boston.

The decor was pretty decent, although the menu was small with not much variety or originality.
My friend decided to get the Bella Wood Fired Pizza (grilled chicken, plum tomato sauce, onion, three cheese blend, basil oil),

while I got the Chicken Bana Stana (chicken breast topped with spinach, prosciutto, mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese in a sweet marsala wine sauce over sweet potatoes).
The food was actually pretty good, but due to the size of the place and the small menu, I would put this near the bottom of the nicest restaurants to go to in Boston.

After dinner, as my friend had just moved to Quincy, he wanted me to show him a few nice places in town, which I gladly obliged to. The first place we went to was the Nickerson Beach area, where I wanted to show him the land bridge to Thompson Island, which only appears at low tide. Little did I know that it was indeed low tide, and the land bridge was still there when we finally found our way through the woods to get there.

Naturally, we decided to use it to set foot on Thompson Island, but as the bugs were many and the sun was going down quickly, we did not dally too long here. Pictures I took of the bridge and the beautiful surroundings follow.

Our next destination was the high end Marina Bay area in town, which my friend was amazed to see as he thought Quincy was only for the middle class. We tried to head into Squantum Point Park, but as I spotted something that looked like a fox walking around, I decided not to lead my friend into any potential danger in the dark, and brought him home instead.

With that, a great night of catching up with an old friend came to an end. I hope it does not rain for my   mini-speed boat ride tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment