Sunday, June 2, 2013

June 2nd 2013: My Second Time at Asia Palace, Medford

This morning, after reaching the SOWA market in the South End of Boston extremely early, my friend and I decided to grab some breakfast nearby, deciding on the Flour Bakery and Cafe at 1595 Washington Street nearby. This place is half the size of the one in South Boston which I went to a few weeks ago. Although it also had sticky buns on sale here, my friend and I decided to go for something non-sweet, namely the Quiche with cheddar, bacon and asparagus, which was actually pretty tasty and smooth.

After a fun day serving food at the market on the food truck, and cleaning up back at the kitchen, we decided to have dinner someplace in Medford. I initially wanted to go to Pastalina's, where I had a groupon to use, but it turns out that the Italian restaurant is closed on Sundays, so we ended up having to settle for Asia Palace nearby, where I had a Groupon dinner a while ago.

For dinner, we had a hard time deciding as my friend did not want Chinese food as she had just come back from China. We got a lot of Japanese dishes instead, getting the Fat Boy Salad (seaweed salad and spicy tuna)

and Avocado Salad,

the Spring Rolls, the Shrimp Pad Thai (Thai Flat Noodles Wok Fried with ground peanuts, egg and bean sprouts), the Sushi and Sashimi Combo, the Rainbow Roll (Crab stick, cucumber and avocado topped with tuna, salmon and white fish), the Spider Roll (Soft shell crab, tobiko, cucumber and avocado) and the Dragon Roll (Crab stick, cucumber and avocado topped with eel and avocado).

Unfortunately, both my phone and camera ran out of battery before I could take pictures of the Sushi and Sashimi Combo and other rolls, which were actually pretty good.

Thankfully, it was the end of the day for me, so it was homeward bound for me, and another week of doing fun food truck stuff came to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment