Saturday, June 29, 2013

June 29th 2013: Visiting the JFK Presidential Library and Museum, Boston

I had a full plate of events today, but before that I still had time in the morning to do some sightseeing in the Dorchester area of Boston. Pictures of the places I visited follow,
Nonquit Street Green,
Nonquit Street and Dudley Street
Engine 21 Firehouse
James Blake House
College Bound Dorchester Little House
Waymark Seventh Day Adventist Church
Boston Spanish Seventh Day Adventist Church
Strand Theatre
Pilgrim Trinitarian Congregational Church
Spanish Church of God,
450 Quincy  Street
St. Peter's Church
Compass
Coppen's Square,
Bowdoin Street and Adams Street
Reverend Allen Park,
Adams Street and Church Street
First Parish in Dorchester
Paul A Dever Elementary School

including the Edward Everett Square which had several interesting sculptures,

before going to grab breakfast at McKenna's Cafe in town.


McKenna's Cafe seems pretty popular with the locals for breakfast, and was pretty filled with people when I arrived.
I decided to get the Eggs Florentine (2 dropped eggs, turkey, spinach, florentine sauce on toasted English bread with baked beans and home fries, which looked just like eggs benedict, except with turkey bacon.
It was pretty disappointing, however, as the turkey meat was way too dry and could not be saved with any of the sauces available.

After lunch, I went to visit the Savin Hill

and Malibu beaches,

which were pretty disappointing as well, as there was as much grass as there was sand at Savin Hill Beach, while Malibu Beach was more a bed of rocks than a beach to say the least.

I have since realized that I was not at Malibu Beach proper, which is further south of where I went, so I will head back there some day.

From here, I headed to the JFK Presidential Library and Museum to view the exhibits about former president John F Kennedy there. I never knew he was a good writer.

After leaving the museum, I decided to take a short walk outside along the Harborwalk South Boston, along Savin Hill Cove,

which had beautiful views of the Boston Harbor, and I walked from outside the museum at Fallon Pier,

through to Old Harbor Park,

stopping short of Carson Beach before heading back to my car.
Finally it was time to head for my meetup BBQ at Arsenal Park in Watertown, where I had a real fun time meeting people, manning the grill and playing Ultimate Frisbee with friends. We had been worried that it would rain, but as it turned out, it never did.

No comments:

Post a Comment