Sunday, June 9, 2013

June 9th 2013: Dinner at Bronwyn, Somerville

After a long day of doing food truck stuff, my friends and I decided to get dinner at a German restaurant that just opened recently in Somerville, namely Bronwyn. A few of my friends had already been here before, and they recommended we try the Wurst Platter, which has various kinds of sausages and served with sauerkraut,

and I got the Jagerschnitzel, consisting of a thin pork tenderloin, topped with mushrooms, walnuts and honey,

while my friend got the Spaetzle,  containing emmenthaler, onion, asparagus and mint.

For starters, we were given giant pretzels with house mustard,

and I also got the Doc's Draft Pear Cider, which wasn't too bad.

I found a few of the sausages a little dry, though the rest were pretty tasty. My pork was really delicious, the toppings going really well together to give a semi-sweet, creamy sauce, while the Spaetzle wasn't too bad either.

After  dinner, we decided to head to a friend's place to watch Game 2 of the NBA finals, in which the San Antonio Spurs were trounced soundly by the Miami Heat. I was so hoping the Spurs would win. Oh well. Back to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment