Friday, June 14, 2013

June 14th 2013: Watching Man of Steel in Braintree

Today after work, I had an appointment with friends to go see "Man of Steel" at the AMC Braintree 10 cinema. Before that, I headed to Luke Adams Glass in Norwood to pick up the glass pieces my friend and I made less than a week ago, and they turned out really fine.
From here, I headed to Quincy to get dinner with my friends at Pho Countryside, a Vietnamese restaurant in town, passing by a few places along the way.
Quincy Medical Center
Covenant Church of Quincy
After looking at the menu in a pretty decently decorated place,

I decided to get the Sinh To Tra Thai (Thai Tea Smoothie) for a drink

and the Bun Rieu (Vietnamese Crab Meat Combination Rice Vermicelli Noodle Soup with scallions, cilantro, tomatoes, shrimp, ground pork, shrimp paste, fried tofu, imitation crabmeat, congealed pork blood) for my meal,

while my friends got the Nem Cuon (Grillled Pork Patty Spring Rolls) for appetizers,

the Pho Tai (Beef Noodle Soup),

the Com Bo Luc Lac (Egg Fried Rice with Vietnamese Shaking Beef, Lettuce, Cucumbers, Tomatoes, and Fish Sauce on the side),

and the Bun Tau Hu, Rau Cai (Vermicelli with Tofu and Mixed Vegetables).
Except for the tea which was just too icy and not liquid enough, the rest of the dishes were actually really good, especially the appetizer, my soup, the pho, and the beef.

After a quick dinner, we headed to the cinema after having stocked up on cheap candy we wanted to sneak into the theatre, putting them in my friend's cargo pants pockets.

We also bumped into another group of friends who were watching the movie at the exact same time too. The seats in the theatre were very comfortble, allowing you a leg rest to lie down on.

The movie itself had great effects, though I felt there was way too much fighting, and so the storyline suffered.

After the movie, my friends wanted to grab food, so we did so at the Cheesecake Factory located in the South Shore Plaza.

My friend and I were too full for much more, so we decided to just get cheesecakes, with me getting the White Chocolate Caramel Macadamia Nut Cheesecake (White Chocolate Chunk Cheesecake Swirled with Macadamia Nuts and Caramel on a Blond Brownie Crust),

while my friend got the Ultimate Red Velvet Cake Cheesecake (Layers of Red Velvet Cake with cream Original Cheesecake and Cream Cheese Frosting Finished with White Chocolate),

which were both pretty good.

My other friends also got cheesecakes they shared which were pretty good as well, including the Vanilla Bean Cheesecake (Layers of Creamy Vanilla Bean Cheesecake, Vanilla Mousse and Whipped Cream), the OREO® Dream Extreme Cheesecake (OREO® Cookies baked in creamy Cheesecake with layers of fudge cake and OREO® Cookie mousse. Topped with a milk chocolate icing), the Mango Key Lime Cheesecake (Topped with Mango Mousse on a Vanilla Coconut Macaroon Crust), Pineapple Upside-Down Cheesecake (Pineapple Cheesecake Between Two Layers of Moist Buttery Pineapple Upside-Down Cake), all of which were really delicious as well.

With that, I brought my friend back to her car in Chestnut Hill, going a really long and windy way to get there because there was a traffic jam on the highway, and called it a night from there.

Tonight was a fun night, not because of the movie, but because of my good friends. Looking forward to hanging out more with them in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment