Tuesday, June 25, 2013

June 25th 2013: Dinner at Finders/Keepers Pub, West Boylston

Today after work, I had one more lesson of rigid heddle weaving at the Weaving Shed in West Boylston. For dinner, I decided to try out the Finders/Keepers Pub in town. This place is actually separated into 2 buildings, one Finders Pub and the other Keepers Pub, but both with the same huge menu that I had to look over several times before I could finally decide what I wanted.

I decided to get the Frog Legs (Six frogs legs, lightly battered and fried),

the Tips Carbonara (Grilled Tenderloin Tips served with mushrooms and bacon in garlic parmesan cream sauce),

and the Fried Oyster Sliders with Onion Fries (lightly dusted Fried Oysters with tartar sauce).

The frog legs were juicy and tender, going well with the Thousand Island Dip provided, while the tips were absolutely sinful as well. The oysters were pretty fresh as well, although the sliders did not have any sauce in it and I had to use the horseradish dip provided, but overall, I enjoyed my meal in this sports pub.


At the class, our instructor taught us how to calculate the amount of yarn needed for the warp and the weft using a simple Excel sheet program.

We also learned how to do special hem stitches,

and tie colors onto our tassels.
At the end of the day, our completed scarfs were weighed and we paid for them, and I decided to buy a loom for myself to use whenever I am inspire to make a scarf as a gift for someone else.

After class, I saw my classmates getting ice cream from Pinecroft Dairy and Restaurant next door, so I decided to get one for myself, getting the Vanilla Pineapple Sundae, which was definitely cooling on this hot summer's day.
With that, I headed home for the night. I think I'm going to give my scarf to my mom, as and when she comes to visit.




No comments:

Post a Comment