Sunday, June 23, 2013

June 23rd 2013: Sightseeing in the Morning Part 2

Just like yesterday, I headed out to explore the city after waking up early. This time, I headed to the Jamaica Plain area to start my sightseeing there, passing by the Clay Center Observatory in Brookline.
along the way.
Daughters of St. Paul
South Street Mall Curvy Fence,
Carolina Street and South Street
Eliot School
Mozart Playground
Boylston Church
Egleston Square Peace Garden,
Washington Street and School Street
After I was done with Jamaica Plain, I decided to go to the Allandale Woods in West Roxbury for a morning walk in the woods. The path I took while here to visit Rock Pond,the Duck Pool and the Spring House after parking at the Annunciation Melkite Catholic Cathedral is shown below in pink.
My first destination was Rock Pond,

which had a tiny little waterfall going for it.
Heading all the way to the Duck Pool, there wasn't much to see here.

The spring house was an interesting structure in the middle of the woods, but nothing much more.

Overall, I would not recommend this place to come hiking, although I did enjoy my walk this morning.

From here, I decided it was time for breakfast, heading to the Rox Diner, a small but quaint looking breakfast place in the same area.
After looking at the menu, I decided to get the Irish Benny (Irish Rashers (Irish Bacon) with poached organic eggs, crispy red bliss home fries, twice toasted english muffin, homemade Hollandaise),

with Corned Beef Hash on the side.
Both dishes weren't too bad, though nothing too spectacular.

After breakfast, I headed into the Roxbury area to continue sightseeing for the rest of the morning
Christ the King Ukrainian Catholic Church
Pleasant Hill Baptist Church
Eliot Church of Roxbury
St. Mark's Congregational Church

Our Lady of Lourdes Church
Finally, it was time to go help out with the food truck, and after that, as one of my friends on the truck was leaving for San Francisco soon, we decided to give him a farewell dinner at Bronwyn in the city of Somerville, where I was a few weeks ago.
It was a pretty long wait for a table, so some of us decided to get appetizers first, getting the Kartoffelkäse (chive-potato spread, dark bread, shaved ramps), which was really good, the potato spread going really well with the bread.

When we finally got a table, we got several vegetarian dishes as the guy who was leaving was vegetarian, getting the Bernier Rosti (Swiss Potato and Beet Cake, Arugula, Radish, goat cheese), the Biernudeln (dark beer pasta, artichoke, mustard, blue cheese) and the Knish (hazelnut, shiitake, arugula, middlebury blue cheese), all of which were really tasty, and my friend actually said it was the best food he had ever had. Of course, we still needed our share of meat, so we got the Giant Haxe (2lb. bone-in, beer braised pork shank with skin and apples), the meat of which was really tender.

After a fun night with my friends, I had to head home early as I have work tomorrow. Looking forward to another week of fun activities ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment