Thursday, June 20, 2013

June 20th 2013: Dinner at Tangierino, Boston

Today after work, I had to pass my friend the glass paperweight she had made with me at Luke Adams Glass in the town of Norwood a few weeks ago, so I decided to meet her for dinner at Tangierino, a Mediterranean restaurant located in the Charlestown area of Boston  to pass her paperweight to her.

Before that, I still had some time, so I went to visit the Washington Tower located in the middle of Mount Auburn Cemetery in Watertown,
where I was able to climb to the top of the tower this time around.

 The views from the top were simply amazing, as you can see below.
Next, I headed into Somerville to take a picture of the Winter Hill Bank branch located in the Davis Square area in town,

across the road from the Responsible Grace Church in Cambridge

passing by the Watertown Street branch of the Village Bank in Newton along the way.

Finally, it was time for dinner. This place is pretty upscale, decorated in a Mediterranean fashion.

Our table was pretty cool too, covered with curtains on the side, and a lamp for light on the table.

For drinks, we both got the Tangierino Sangria, which wasn't too bad at all.

For appetizers, we shared the Baby Arugula Salad (Turkish figs, Parmesan, Pecans, Tomatoes, Dijon Mustard, Aged Balsamic Vinaigrette),

the Merguez Tangierino (Spiced Ground Lamb in Phyllo Dough, Smoked Eggplant, Olives)

and the Chicken B’stilla (Delicate Phyllo Pie of Braised Chicken, Toasted Almonds, Cinnamon, Mint-Yogurt Sauce).
The appetizers were pretty good as well, especially the B'Stilla, which was crispy yet tender.

For the main course, we shared the Sultan’s Kadra (Za’atar Spiced Rack of Lamb, Three Cheese-Filled Eggplant, Wild Mushrooms, Figs, Apricots, Rosemary Reduction), which was the best dish of the night.
At this point, a belly dancer came into the room to perform for us. My friend tipped her by placing a dollar in her skirt, but as it looked as though I was paying for a stripper, I refrained from doing the same.
Finally, it was time for dessert, with us getting the Moroccan Mint Tea,

and the Moroccan Cheese Cake, which contained prunes and toasted almonds.
The tea came in a cute teapot as always, while the cheese cake was really excellent, especially because the taste of the prunes went extremely well with the cake, something I was not expecting at all from prunes.

Overall, an extremely enjoyable dining experience. A definite recommend.

After dinner, we headed to the Koullshi Lounge which is one floor below the restaurant to check out the hookah lounge there. My friend did not want to smoke, so we did not partake of it in the end. Instead, we spent the rest of the night visitin several places of interest in the area which she had not been to before, namely the Bunker Hill Monument, Prospect Hill Park in Somerville, the Mary Hunnewell Fyffe Footbridge in Newton, where there was little light to see the Cordingley Dam Falls, and finally Crystal Lake in Newton.

With that, I brought my friend home and headed back after an enjoyable night of eating and sharing the fruits of my labor with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment