Monday, November 17, 2014

November 17th 2014: Pumpkin Dinner at Picco, Boston

Today after work on a rainy day, I had a meetup dinner to go to at Picco, an upscale pizza place in the South End area of Boston.

Before that, I went to Nos Casa Cafe, a cafeteria like place serving Cape Verdean food in the Roxbury area of Boston, with the intention of using my deal. After seeing how the place was like, however, I changed my mind and just got some rice and beans and beef stew.
Not bad, but just typical African food.

It was still raining as I walked from my car to Picco, where pretty much everyone else had already arrived. This place somehow reminds me of Toro in terms of ambience, although this place is more spacious.

I had originally intended not to order anything pumpkin related, but as everyone else was open to sharing, we got a lot of stuff to share.

I got the Woodchuck Pumpkin Cider for a drink, which was surprisingly good.
For soups, we got the Chili (crème fraîche and cornbread)
and the Curried Pumpkin (cilantro crème fraîche).
The chili was filled with delicious pulled pork and not too sour, while the pumpkin soup was more curry than pumpkin, thankfully.

For appetizers, we got half orders of the Pumpkin Ravioli (sage butter and Parmigiano Reggiano),
the Roasted Cauliflower Gordita (spicy aioli and cotija cheese)
and the Carnitas Tacos (cabbage slaw, avocado, red onion and cilantro crema).
I wasn't too much of a fan of the gordita with the cilantro and onions, although the tacos were delicious, and the ravioli skins was paper thin, yet integral enough to hold in the tasty pumpkin filling, well almost.

For our main dishes, we got the Alsatian (sautéed onions, shallots, garlic, crème fraîche, bacon & gruyere) pizza,
and the Sage Pesto Spaghetti (walnuts, olive oil, garlic & Parmigiano Reggiano).
The pizza was excellent, despite having onions, while the noodles were good as well, although a little on the oily side.

For dessert, we got the Dark Chocolate Brownie Sundae (with pumpkin ice cream, Scharffen Berger hot fudge & whipped cream)
and the Concord Grape Sorbet.

Overall, another place in the South End that I would come back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment