Tuesday, November 11, 2014

November 11th 2014: Dinner with Friends at Chili Hot Pot, Boston

Today after work, I had a dinner appointment with friends to check out Chili Hot Pot, a hot pot place in the Dorchester area of Boston. Before that, I stopped by Pantry Pizza and Kitchen nearby to grab some pizza with my deal, getting the Wow No Way Pizza (Pepperoni, Sausage, Bacon, Hamburger, Meatballs, Shaved Steak and Philly Cheese)
and the New Jersey Disco Fries (steak cut fries with gravy).
They refused to let me use my deal though, saying they did not have such a deal. Moreover, the fries were soggy and tasteless, although the pizza was pretty tasty with the steak in it. Oh well.

The hot pot place itself wasn't very impressive in the first place, and neither was the selection of meat and vegetables in front of the place.
I still tried to be adventurous though, getting stuff like duck feet,

beef tripe and beef stomach for the Spicy Dry Pot, going spice level 2.
It turned out to be way too spicy for me, with even my Wong Lo Kat drink not helping much.
Thankfully, I still had the Chicken Stew (with Mushrooms and Potatoes),

which wasn't too spicy, and even had noodles in it. The chicken was a little dry though.

My friend apparently had a stomachache later from the food. Needless to say, not coming back here in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment